Borden Grammar School moved to its current site in 1928. The main building dates from that time, with additional buildings added in the 1970’s and 1990’s. An artificial pitch and pavilion were completed in 2003 as a joint project with the Old Bordenian Hockey Club. This development, part financed by Sport England, has provided an excellent community resources as well as a key sporting facility for the school and the hockey club.
A further modernisation programme was completed in October 2007. The Library, Sixth Form Study Area, Sixth Form Common Room, three classrooms, toilets, changing rooms and offices were all updated.
Borden became a Sports College in September 2006 and the capital project, a multi-use games area, is as popular as the new Library and study area amongst pupils of all ages.
Borden provides a stimulating learning environment for its students and is committed to their protection and safety. There is excellent parental support with 90-100% attendance at parent / teacher meetings, which students are also strongly encouraged to attend.
After careful consideration of national developments in Education the school applied to become an Academy and achieved Academy Status in January 2012.